Serv’n It Up Cookoff Contest
We are excited to announce another exclusive contest open only to the Association of Food Bloggers Members. We are challenging members of the Association to come up with their own creative recipe featuring SERV International's product in the SERV'n It Up Contest. The contest is being run in conjunction with SERV International, an organization that provides meals to impoverished countries for the cost of a nickel. Participants have six weeks to come up with their own unique recipe.
SERV International will provide the contest participants with a generous supply of the mix to craft their own tantalizing recipe, in return for their posting their own original recipe that will be showcased on their blog or website. Participants are encouraged to use any ingredients they like (including meat). Get creative with the recipe - make it ethnic, or even a dessert.
The winner will be chosen by Association of Food Bloggers founder, Malika Harricharan, and members of the SERV International Team. The winner of the best recipe will:
• Be featured in the SERV International Cookbook (along with other contestants)
• Be featured on the SERV International website
• Have their recipe featured at the SERV Ball in Atlanta on December 9th. The meal will be prepared by a noted local chef with credit to the winner.
Interested? To enter, contact Malika Harricharan: info (at) associationoffoodbloggers.org. Please provide a link to your site and tell us why you would like to enter the SERV'n It Up Contest. Deadline to enter is April 25.
- Bloggers must use, mention and hyperlink to SERV International and the Association of Food Bloggers in their post
- Must include at least 2 photos on their site
- Recipe must be their own creation (with the SERV product as the base)
- Must mention that a life saving meal is only 5 cents via SERV International
- All recipes must be live by June 20, 2013
About SERV International
SERV International is a non-profit organization located in Atlanta, GA that provides meals for impoverished nations through donations. Most of their supply goes to Kenya and the Dominican Republic. Their meal packets come in dry form and when heated and mixed with water they provide vital nutrients to starving individuals. They are also high in calories with each packet providing 680 calories.
Serv International is doing amazing things to help feed those less fortunate. In some of these countries, the children are still only fed one meal every OTHER day. Bloggers, even if you don't enter the contest, you can still help spread the word. Blog, Facebook, Tweet, etc, about these life saving meals. Please use the hashtag #5centmeal.
To enter the contest, email Malika - info (at) associationoffoodbloggers.org. Hurry, deadline is April 25th. We can't wait to see the tantalizing recipes you'll come up with!